Have you ever lost your important files or images? It is very easy and quite often we lose our favourite data from our Android Device and we, whether it is an Image, Text Messages, Documents or anything else. And the worse case is losing the data without having any android backup. If you have had this experience your accident then you must know the importance of backing up your android device. Today we will discuss about a tool for android backup.
The tool I am going to talk about for android backup is dr.fone. The tool is from Wondershare and it is one of the best android backup tool available.
What is Dr. Fone
Have you heard this name before? If no then, according to their website, they claim they are the 1st data recovery application for Android.
Some key features of dr.fone are:
- Highest retrieval rate
- Recover almost everything (photos, videos, call logs, messages etc)
- Compatible with more than 6000 android device
- For samsung phones, it can extract data even when the phone is broken.
How you can Backup your Android Device using dr.fone?
Now if you are interested in Backing Up your Android device then lets understand how we can do it by using dr.fone.
Backing up your android device using dr.fone is very easy and it actually requires very less effort from the user’s end.
- The first thing you need is the application (dr.fone) itself. The application is available at Google Play Store and you can download it very easily from there.
- So Go to Play Store and download dr.fone and install the application in your android device.
- Now after installing it when you will open dr.fone you will see the following screen.
- From the options select Backup.
- Now wait for few seconds (may be more depending on how much data you have in your android device), it will scan your android device and will display what data you are going to backup with dr.fone.
- Now again tap on the Next button to complete your backup. dr.fone will store a complete backup in your computer. But having a computer is not necessary, if you do not have a computer you can put your email in the next screen and you can get the backup later.
- And if you have a computer then that is great just open dr.fone in your computer’s browser.
- From dr.fone you need to download the backup and restore toolkit. This toolkit has both mac and windows version.
- When you will open dr.fone toolkit you will see the following screen.
- Select Backup & Restore from here.
- Now you need to connect your android device to your computer.
- Now you can click on backup so click on backup. You also need to enable USB debugging if you want to use this feature. So enable USB debugging in your android device. And click on backup.
- Select file types to back up. By default, dr.fone has checked all the file types for you. Then click on Backup to start the backup process.
- Select the backup file to preview and choose what you would like to restore. Here you can preview each file in the backup. Check the files you need and click on Restore to them to your Android phone.
dr.fone is a Good Application and it stands with what it promises. And its software is more powerful and very user friendly and do not requires any effort from the user’s side.
But still if your device is not supported there is a trick to make dr.fone work in your device, you need to root your device. Now rooting the device is again not a good idea but if you are ok with rooting then you can do it.
If you want to learn more, click here to go to dr.fone.wondershare.com. They offer a whole suite of software products beyond Android.